The Online Quechua course itself is divided into six parts, an introductory unit and Units 1-5. Each unit also is divided in two parts, Par I and Part II. Each of these contains specific grammatical topics to be practiced.
Students registering for unit credit for the first two terms must first present satisfactory evidence of knowledge of the language at the elementary level, either in the form of credit earned at another institution or by passing a proficiency examination.
Online Quechua Course Components
One semester course sample:
This course includes three major types of components:
- Core Content: Texts, Reinforcement Exercises, Classroom Exercises I, Classroom Exercises II, Laboratory I, Laboratory II, Readings
- Concept Presentation: Terms, Vocabulary, Lectures, Pre-listening Exercises, Presentation exercises
- Evaluation Section: Evaluation Exercises, Quizzes, Exams, Oral Exams
May be repeated up to 6 terms successively to a maximum of 16 hours. Graduate credit is given only for work beyond the elementary level.
- Consent of instructor, Professor Clodoaldo Soto
- Restricted to Students Enrolled in Program(s) NDEG: Grad Nondegree-CE-UIUC
COURSE BOOK DESCRIPTION: (Required)
Soto Ruiz, Clodoaldo. Quechua. Manual de Enseñanza. Lima, Peru: Instituto de Estudio Peruanos and Urbana, Illinois: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. 1993
To order the book, please contact Gloria Ribble at email@example.com or (217) 333-3182
Upon the consent of the Director of the Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies, tutorials are available in special native Latin American languages not regularly offered by the University (ie. Quechua, Kagchikel Mayan).
Tutorials at the elementary, intermediate, and advanced levels may be arranged. Students registering for unit credit for the first two terms must first present satisfactory evidence of knowledge of the language at the elementary level, either in the form of credit earned at another institution or by passing a proficiency examination.
CLACS Online Quechua Courses
- LAST 445 - Latin American Languages - Quechua, Level 1. CRN 34344. Section SS
- LAST 445 - Latin American Languages - Quechua, Level 2. CRN 35994. Section CS1
Fall and Spring Semesters
- LAST 445 A01 - Latin American Languages - CNR 47620. 3 credit hours
- LAST 445 A02 - Latin American Languages - CRN 47621. 3 credit hours
Tuition & Fees
- Graduate Students: $430.00 per credit hour
- Undergraduate Students: $397.00 per credit hour
- Online registration for students admitted to a UIUC degree program: Student Self-Service Website
- Online registration for non-degree students (students not admitted to a UIUC degree program): OCE's Online Registration system